Sunday, April 3, 2011

Okay...no more putting it off

This project started more than 8 years ago.  I had a dream of making the next big blockbuster (who doesnt't) story...but within the intervening years all these big vampire novels came out.  I thought...well, there goes my idea.  However, my idea had a lot more than vampires to it, so I just chucked that aspect out of the window.  Vampires, while very entertaining, are becoming sooooooo cliche!

I've been on a spiritual journey for most of my life.  I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness. I didn't agree with my upbringing, and I started being very resentful of the Divine, because there were all these hoops I had to jump through for my eternal reward.  Through all the trials and tribulations, I have made my peace with the Divine, but I do not consider myself the slightest bit religious.  At all.  Yes there is a conduit that we're all connected to, but if you want to quantify as God, then so be it.  I think it may be a bit more complicated than that.

Anyhoo, I had the great idea, what would happen if man was given the power of a god?  Then "Bruce Almighty" came out...Damn you Jim Carrey! (just kidding). So back into the recesses of my twisted mind, my idea went.  Suddenly, I began getting the urge to write again.  So, here I am. My bff gave me a great idea to start a blog for my journey into writing.  So I have my little idea book, where I write down my potential characters which I bring with me everywhere I go.  So this year, I will write, and hopefully get it published.

Wish me luck! 

1 comment: